Monday, October 13, 2014

What is your story?

I have done many, many weddings and almost every wedding has a story to tell.  The obvious stories that people tell is how they met, when they started dating, when they decided to get married... did he pop the question, did she?  ... those are the stories leading up to the wedding. 
Unfortunately, people think the wedding should go perfectly and that things won't go wrong or glitches won't happen.... they do.  And that gives you your wedding story! Every wedding needs a story. 
I'll tell you a few stories that I have encountered while doing weddings.
Forgotten marriage license.... there has been more than one wedding when I meet the bride and/or groom prior to the ceremony to finalize the paperwork, when they realize that they don't have the marriage license.  It has been left at their hotel room, it has been in the parents cars. 
No marriage license... I have had couples come into town prior to the ceremony only to realize that it is a government holiday and the courthouse is closed and they can't get their marriage license until after the date they planned on getting married.  I have done wedding ceremonies for their friends and families, and then met with them after they get license and do the legal  "I do's". 
No rings... there has been more than once where the rings are not where they are supposed to be.  Some have been forgotten back home or back at the hotel.  Sometimes we have used other rings, other times we have done the ceremony without the rings, faking a ring exchange.
Missing people.... there have been times where key people in the ceremony were not able to be there.
Weather... oh my goodness.... planning a wedding on the beach, you have to have a backup plan, just i in case of inclement weather.  I have done weddings on balconies, in living rooms, and even once in the car due to rainy weather.  I have done weddings where we under umbrellas.  If it is rain, I don't mind, but I won't go out on the beach if there is lightning in the area.
Wind.... something to keep in mind, if you are having an arbor on the beach.  If you put a lot of tulle on it, it could act like an kite and blow over.  I have had to have grooms hold on to the arbor to make sure it didn't blow away or fall down on us.
Recently, there was an incident where the maid of honor and bridesmaid had a car accident at the end of the street where the wedding was happening.  Thankfully everyone was ok and not injured, but it did make for a story for their wedding... remember when....
For anyone that knows me personally... we won't even begin to talk about the stories (yes, plural) that happened at my wedding.
So what is your story?

No comments:

Post a Comment