Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thankful

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day here in the USA.  It is a time that most people get together with family and friends, eat some turkey and pie and for lots of folks - watch some football.  It is also a time that most stop to count their blessings and remind themselves what they are thankful for.

What am I thankful for? 

I am thankful that I have the job of wedding officiant.  I get to meet some wonderful people and am part of one of the most special days in their lives.  It is not a job that I take lightly as I realize how important that ceremony is in people's lives.  It is an emotional time when you are committing to share your life with another person. I am thankful that people love each other enough to want to make that commitment.

I am thankful that some of the people that I have met have become friends and a lot of folks keep in touch, usually on Facebook.  Speaking of Facebook, I am thankful for Facebook.  Facebook allows me to share the joy of the weddings with people.   It also allows me to get to know couples before I actually get to meet them.  They get to see what I do and hear what other couples have said and I get a little glimpse into their lives as well.  It is an amazing technology.

Personally, I am thankful that for my family, my friends and that I get to live in such a beautiful area and get to do what I love!  My wish is that everyone have a safe holiday and have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment