Sunday, April 21, 2013

Two weddings on Saturday

I don't normally book two weddings for the same day as most couples want to have their wedding on the beach at sunset so that makes it really difficult.  This time one couple wanted to do a morning wedding and the other an afternoon wedding so that worked out perfectly. 
The weddings were about 1 mile apart in Santa Rosa Beach.  The first wedding was at 10 am and it had rained and been very chilly the day before.  That morning was still pretty breezy and a little chilly.  The family had travelled here to share the day with the couple.  The wedding turned out beautifully, in spite of being a little cool.
Six hours later I was on the beach again, and the wind had died down and the temperature had risen and it was perfect.  Not too hot, not too cold.  There were a lot of family and friends in town for this wedding as well and it was picture perfect. 
I am not sure what the significance (if any) April 20th is, but I had a lot of requests for that day and I saw that other officiants were getting a lot of requests for that day as well. 
I did add a portable voice amplifier for the second wedding.  It seemed to work pretty well, as the folks that were back aways were able to hear me well, without it being too loud for the couple.  I may use that again especially if it is breezy and the waves on the gulf are crashing in.
Have a great week everyone!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment