Thursday, May 23, 2013

Memorial Day weekend

Here we are at the beginning of the Memorial Day weekend! I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend. :-)  Also take a few minutes to remember what the weekend is really about.
I have had no weddings this week ... zero... and none this weekend.  Normally I would be a little concerned about this but I am going to take advantage of the little break especially when I am looking at my calendar for June... it is busy!!!
I have been a beach bum this week and enjoyed every minute of it and I will be out boating this weekend.  For those of you who have been here on vacation, you know what I am talking about and for those who coming here... you are in for a treat.  The beaches are perfect and the weather has been wonderful.  The water is a little chillier than normal for this time of year, but that is a good thing.  The water is cool enough to be refreshing but warm enough to be comfortable.
We haven't entered hurricane season yet, and are thinking of those in Oklahoma who are suffering this weekend after the tornado this week.   Tornadoes are a lot scarier than hurricanes, because they come with little warning.  At least with hurricanes, we have lots of warning and can evacuate or prepare for these events.  Let's hope for a quiet weather weekend everywhere in the country.
I will be back here after the weekend is over... in the meantime... be safe, everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment