Thursday, August 29, 2013

Notary work

Sorry I have not been on here lately but I took a couple of weeks off during a slow period and went to visit my 92 year old mother.  She is doing great, thanks for asking!  :-)
Most of my posts are about my wedding officiant side of Destin Notary but I have to share something that happened today.  I have decided that this is going to be my full time job going forward and such I need to get the Notary side of the business going stronger to cover the slow months of the wedding side of the business.  So today I went on to the National Notary Association (which I am a member of) website and watched one of their webinars on branding/increasing your business.  It was a great webinar!  If you are a notary out there, you really need to belong to the NNA... they have great information on their website.  Anyway, I have done most of what they were recommending but had not followed up by registering on some the websites that closing/signing companies go to when they are in need of a notary signing agent.  So off I went to the websites, registered and put down a little description of myself and what I do.  I figured maybe someday, someone might call and I would get some extra work out of it.  Was I wrong!! Two hours later, I got my first call and set up my first appointment for tomorrow.  For those of you interested, the website that they found my name on is www.notaryrotary.com.  The company that called me is based out of California and needed a notary to do a signing here in Florida for a property in Georgia, talk about being a national company!
So that little exercise and the hour I spent listening to the webinar, were very much worth my time.

I have two weddings this Saturday so I will be enjoying the Labor Day weekend on Sunday and Monday.  I hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment